Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving to you too...

So, last night was fun.  My chipset controller literally exploded in front of me.  I am currently on a "spare" system that was ad-hocked together just this morning.  Thank goodness I keep all my important data backed up on storage drives.  It's certainly an ambivalent moment, considering that other than a lackluster power supply, this system's hardware is an improvement over my old one; even though it's basically a corporate throw-away tower.  Now I know how captain Kirk felt when he got the Enterprise-A.  It's definitely better than the old ship, but dammit, I miss my old chair.

The worst part of this warp-core breach, is that it happened right as I was attempting to call my mom on Gchat, because my cellphone's charger broke earlier this week. Due to the holiday, I doubt the replacement I ordered is getting here anytime soon. So, now I'm sure she thinks I'm just being a jerk and I won't hear the end of it the next time I actually manage to get a hold of her.

So, I figure this at least gives me an opprtunity to upgrade to a better system on the cheap.  Perhaps to the point that it's a blessing in disguise.  I can slap a core2 duo in here for less than 50 bucks, which would be nice.  Then, I'll most likely get a nice 500 watt power supply for it, then call it good.  Or, if I'm feeling particularly rich when this goes down, I might even get a new video card as well.

I swear, this whole past month has been serving me up nothing but heaping plate full of fail.  This month I have not only destroyed a computer, I broke my cell phone (right on the day some prospective employers were attempting to call me), accidentally sliced my hands up multiple times, jacked up my back from lifting like a retard, pissed off a few friends, hit my head viciously yesterday, and realized I can't go home for the holidays at all this year.  The only way this month could get worse, is if some woman I'm really attracted to tells me I'm like a brother to her.  Oh, wait. That's already happened this week.  So, it looks like my month is complete. Can't wait for Christmas!

Update: The upside to not being with family over the holidays, is that Black Friday shopping is now a now a complete non-issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment