Monday, December 27, 2010

Just one more thing...

Went shooting on my b-day.  It was a whole lot of fun, but my roomie brought along some specialty 3 in shells he was wanting to try.  It's that crazy hyper-velocity stuff that Remington sells:
Note to self (or anyone else for that matter), do not just shoot a bunch of these for the hell of it.  Especially out of shorter barrel, pump action, home defense-type shotgun. Definitely not a recreational load.  I didn't shoot too many of these, but apparently my friends, on the other hand, still have some very tender chicken wings for arms.  

As for the performance of the guns, they were flawless.  I had another friend come along with his .22 rifle, one that I had never seen before...
 


It's a Mossberg Model 152K auto loader, or a Model 352K (still not sure yet).  What a cool little gun.  I have never heard of that model before, let alone shoot one, so I was kind of exited to try it out.  Despite having a long reset on the trigger, this gun shot like a dream.  Another unusual feature this gun has, is a folding fore grip, something akin to the one on the Styer AUG.  It made for some really comfortable handling.  Very interesting.  Just for fun, I decided later on, to check the prices for these things and found out you can pick one up for about $160 tops.  I may be tempted to actually snag one right now, if I had any money to my name.

While we were there, we also put some rounds though my Benelli M3, my roomie's 5.45 AR, Glock 36, and his new Saiga 12.

Ended up destroying a lot of unserviceable hard drives, and ending the lives of more than one water filled bottle.  We definitely like the whole "reuse" part of recycling.  All in all, I say the trip was a success.  It certainly made my holiday a bit more fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment