Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Blog ancestry

I'm not really an overly social person, but I really enjoy reading a selective number of blogs out there.  I've been reading a lot of them for quite a while; even though I never comment on any of them just because I can't think of anything to say that hasn't already been said.  I guess you could say I'm a professional lurker, but that doesn't change the fact that there are a few blogs that have been primarily responsible for me taking to the keyboard and pumping out this garbled mess of a blog myself.

First and foremost, the two biggest influences I had were Tam over at View From The Porch, and Brigid of Home on the Range.  Their blogs are the two that I most associate with unfiltered awesome sauce, peppered lightly with ammunition and the pickled remains of zombie corpses.  Tam has an uncanny knack for expressing information with mass amounts of teh funny and the snark turned to 11.  Brigid, on the other hand, is on the other end of the spectrum.  Every time you read her blog, you walk away with a glimpse of life in general (albeit more poetic), that has some nostalgic profoundness of some sort.

I don't aim to be like either one, but they have definitely had an influence on my judgment, I guess you could say.  If anything, I've been told that my blog is more like a convoluted mix of JayG's and Bonnie's.  However, I can't go on without giving some kind of mention to Breda, either.  She has been a good example and resource for me to use when trying to introduce new shooters into the fold, namely with my mother.  And, yes, I do own a Breda Fallacy t-shirt.

Well, all this talk of blogging has made me realize I've been a bad bear, a very bad bear.  I didn't post anything yesterday.  Looks like I'll have to punish myself by getting a gelato or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment