Friday, January 21, 2011

SHOT show shenanigans

Nah, I wish I could go to the SHOT show.  That would definitely get my mind off of the all the crap I gotta put up with every day.  The worst is when you know of someone that gets free tickets to go to SHOT and they don't use 'em, but you still have no chance of going.  That's crap.  So, I just go to my local gun show and pretend I'm there.  Kinda hard to do when there aren't any booth babes, but that's not what I'm going there for, so I guess it's still plausible in my mind.

As for the actual SHOT show, there's been some interesting stuff announced and some things that are completely baffling.  One that belongs in the latter category would be the Mossberg chainsaw.  If you're unfamiliar with it, basically it's a model 500 with a chainsaw grip mounted to the pump.  Yeah, pretty ridiculous.  The things that I thought were interesting, on the other hand, were the the ADCOR Defense BEAR and the PCP polymer cased ammunition.  Pretty nifty stuff.

Anyways, since I can't be at SHOT, I'm thinking of just getting away from it all today.  Maybe just go hiking for the hell of it.  Been a few weeks since I did that.

No comments:

Post a Comment