Saturday, February 26, 2011

Speaking of lead delivery...

I had the nice opportunity to shoot a couple of guns I've wanted to for some time now.  I was hopping down to the neighborhood Impact Guns, and managed to get my hands on a Tangfolio 10mm:
I was incredibly impressed with the accuracy, crisp trigger, and wonderfully ergonomic grip.  It had some very fine target sights that you had to take your time with, but I wasn't really in any kind of rush.
Then, I got my greasy paws on a USP Compact in .40 Short & Weak
Both are very nice guns, but after some extended playtime, I noticed one thing I didn't like about the USP.  It has a polymer trigger, which wouldn't bother me if it hadn't felt like it slightly bended under pressure.  I suppose it's possible that it's just an oddly shaped trigger, but I swear that it was bending as I squeezed it.  Not a fan of triggers that aren't perfectly solid. 

Then I ended the day by blowing off some .45 from the Glock 36.  A pretty good day, but my performance in shot placement and consistency wasn't anything to be proud of.  At least not my two handed shooting, anyways.  For some inexplicable reason, I shot better with one hand than with two, and that never happens to me.  Weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment