Friday, March 25, 2011

He's got a gun! Oh, wait...nope.

Sorry if it seems like I complain alot but this is something I gotta put up with everyday, so just bear with me here.

There's this guy I work with that can only be described as a poser.  Now, I generally like to be personable, and I do think he's a nice kid so, I talk to him on a regular basis.  The one thing that bothers me is that....well....like I said, he's a poser.  He's one of those dudes that likes to make a point about being "inactive military".  Been to Afghanistan and Iraq on "black ops", blah, blah, blah, etc.  It seems as though whenever he sees a Rambo movie, or some other cheap action flick, he has to tell everyone that he's totally done crap like that before.  I mean, you could dream up the crazyiest Vietnam movie scenario and he'll say that it was based on him before you can finish your story (and probably claim he was in DaNang while he's at it. He's about 23, btw).  It begins to get really annoying after a while.


The sad part, is that he's totally banking on the ignorance of others, because it lacks some serious credibility, even to a person with no military background such as myself.  He takes it totally seriously too, which almost makes me feel bad for him, if it wasn't for the fact that I view it as an affront to people who do risk all by actually serving in the military.  Hell, I've probably been shot at more times than that guy (another story for another day).

After some especially outrageous bragging, I decided that I should call him out on it the other day.  I told him that he should totally go over to a couple of other coworkers who are ACTUAL Afghanistan vets, and swap some stories.  Just as I predicted, he starts to blab about how he's supposed to be all hush-hush about it, and that he probably shouldn't have even told me about his exploits, and promptly leaves to do something else.  Highly entertaining.  I think I'll just go ahead and keep up this routine until he cracks, or he admits his bullcrap.

Just remember kids, the real world has real people in it. So if you're gonna lie about it, it better be your job to do so, otherwise you're gonna get pimp-smacked by reality at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment