Monday, April 4, 2011

No penalties for early withdraw

Was depositing a cheque (yeah, that's how I spell it), when the very attractive young teller that was assisting me asked if I like the company I work for.  I replied with a no, and she inquires why.  I respond with, "well my biggest obstacle in enjoying the company is the fact that I like to be treated like a human being."

So, that was the highlight of my day.  Naturally this causes one like me to spout (in a slurred manner) phrases such as, "Ah neid uh dreenk!"  So, if you're keen on a long winded post about some of the sodas I've been haphazardly guzzling like it's some kind of contest, read on below the jump.



Due to my lack of time I'll have to give the simple, shorthand review of each of these.
First. The good.
Contestant A: Capt'n Eli's Lemon Lime

Two thumbs way up!  This drink is the way they are supposed to be.  An even touch of sour tang and savory sweet, with no weird or gross after-taste either.  Another thing that impressed me, was the use of natural ingredients and the visible lemon and lime particulate in the liquid that was reminiscent of SanPellegrino.  I also want to say that I respect any soda maker that uses cane sugar instead of corn syrup.  It just makes for a better texture in the drink.

Winner #2: Berghoff Root Beer
Another Two thumbs up.  It has pretty mild carbonation, with little to no foam, but the taste and texture are both winners, and they easily make up for those minor faults.  Fantastically sweetened with cane sugar, with a pleasant bite after the initial sweetness.  Dare I say, this is one you can feel free to just binge on, because the taste doesn't get old.

Third Exhibit: Jack Black's Orange Stash:
One thumb up.  Pretty good, with proper texture (there I go with the cane sugar again), and a good taste, but lacking a certain zing that you would expect from an orange soda.  Overall, I'd say it's good, just nothing great.

Mythical Elixir Quattro: Flathead Lake Monster Black Raspberry
With the Black raspberry now consumed, I have officially had all the Flathead Lake Monster sodas.  The black raspberry now being my favorite of the bunch.  Really good flavor, but it has that overly syrupy texture that is the corn syrup.  Another thing that I discovered, is that all of the FLM sodas, regardless of flavor, all have the exact same after taste.  I think it could be the preservative they use.  It's not a bad taste, just a little odd and rather off-putting.  Still, I'll be happy to give it one thumb up.

Surprise delegate: Fukola Cola
Now, I usually hate colas of all variety and creeds.  I just got a couple for variety's sake, but I was pleasantly surprised by the unique and tasty Fukola Cola.  Not someting I would drink regularly (because of my dislike of colas) but pretty good nonetheless.  I'll probably have to get a couple more to give to some of my more cola-savvy friends to see what they think, but till then, One thumb up.

I'll have to get to the ones I didn't like next time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment