Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Conversations at work 2.0

So, we have a really young guy in our department that is really nice, but often says stuff that is completely unverified.  I don't think he means to be a pathological liar, but sometimes comes across as one.  The only part about that which bugs me is the fact he's willing to defend to the death his unfounded opinions.  Lucky me though, I like to use some classic misdirection to throw him off of his arguments.  For example, today he started giving me crap over getting something wrong for the first time (even though I admitted it, which he never does).  So, I looked at him with the most serious face I could muster, and asked, " That's a really nice shirt.  Do you like the feel of it?"
"Well, yeah" He responds confusingly.
"Good. Then it'll feel even greater when I give you a hug to make you feel better about losing this argument"
Everyone in the department started cracking up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment