Tuesday, July 5, 2011

bad days gone good

Well, it's Tuesday, and I'm finally getting 'round to posting a report on our Saturday shooting trip.  It was bit warm out at 'dead hooker island', and our usual shooting spot was swarming with mosquitoes and gnats.  So, after a few minutes of being gnawed on by other living creatures, we decided to move to another less carnivorous spot.   We set up the tannerite, old computers, water jugs with food coloring, and another poweredge server, then we had at it. 

What a load of fun!  We actually had a good number of people with us, and a good friend of ours brought his son along.  I don't think he had ever shot a gun before, and being about 8 or 9 years old, he was having a grand 'ol time watching the show.  But of course, it didn't take too long until he wanted in on the action.  With a minute or two of some careful instruction, we let him have a go (chaperoned of course) at a few of the boomsticks.  Here's a video of him shooting my mom's Bersa Thunder under my instruction (as the proud dad films):



more video below the fold!

So, we ended up obliterating the old server with the tannerite, along with the other computers we had brought.  I wish I had a video of the server, to show you the spectacularly glorious mid air destruction it offered.  We also shot some clays, or at least one of us did (yours truly), the others just attempted.  I honestly don't know how people can consistently miss clay pigeons at close range like that, but whatever.  If anything though, the trip was worth it just to watch that "new shooter smile" form on Ethan's face.  Here's another video, this time with my rommie helping him with his AR15:



The only downside to the whole thing was the fact that I ended up getting the worst sunburn I've had in years.  You know, the kind where you feel like you wanna die every time you try to move the next day.  But, still worth it.

1 comment: