Thursday, August 4, 2011

Ladies...

So, while down at the homefront, I managed to take (literally) just a few minutes to say hi to a friend of mine.  There are very few people who have earned my complete respect, and even fewer who have done so immediately.  Connie is one of those few.

In case you don't know her, Connie is a clerk at a popular sporting goods store down in St. George.  She has been manning a post behind the gun counter for at least five years now.  She is a strong and good natured woman, who is quick on the smiles.  She is well accomplished, in having competed in many shotgun competitions of various types, an accomplished pistol marksman, as well as being a CCW holder.  Not only is she one of the most knowledgeable on the staff, but also the most fun.

If I'm not mistaken, my mother was the one who introduced me to Connie, she being the one who helped my Mom purchase her first few guns.  I am always impressed by her genuine friendliness and eagerness to help.  She also has that very practical and informative way of selling you on a particular product, ensuring you get the right thing for you, rather than just getting the sale.  I don't always love to run down to the sporting goods store, but when I do, the primary reason I have to go to that one, is just to give my regards to our favorite person there; and that makes it all worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment