Saturday, April 21, 2012

Because apparantly I'm a total opera snob

Update:

So, even though it's not the day I usually post music, I figured that this would do, considering the events of the weekend and all (I went to an opera; though if they're in English I say they don't count).  The performance was great, and I had a really good time.  Though I'm surprised at how many of my friends thought I wouldn't be into such things, even though I could have sworn I've mentioned my fondness for it to them before.

I was especially lucky in that the person who invited me to attend this little function is quite possibly the classiest lady I have ever met.  I felt a little whiskey-tango, and bit of a blabbering fool, but I'd like to think the evening was enjoyable for the both of us.

However, as good as it was, I'm really looking forward to seeing an honest-to-goodness opera (ie. NOT in English).  I'm telling you right now, even after the show I just attended, I must have stayed up till three in the morning listening to Puccini.

Maria Callas (Μαρία Κάλλας): Madame Butterfly

P.S.  Damn those awesome black dresses and my absent friggin' suit.


No comments:

Post a Comment