Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Don't cross the streams

Okay, I just wasted a mass amount of time squee-ing like a girl while reading the uber-nerdy delight that is Minimum Wage Historian.  I found out about it via Larry's Correia's place (totally a local, btw).  So MWH is basically a round-table history discussion with a panel of people from different places and periods in history.  It's not only intriguingly informative, but also ridiculously hilarious.  Ever wonder what napoleon's thoughts were on WWII's eastern front (or Cheetos)?  Ever wanted a weapons lesson From Joan de Arc?  Yeah it's there, along with some of the most geeky/nerdy references that you may ever see in a history lesson.  Go give it a look see.  It's well worth the read.

On a related note, I've been neglecting to purchase a copy Monster Hunter International.  It's one of the very few novels I've been itching to read lately, and I'm hearing all sorts of awesome things about it.  Such as the fact that there is now an official MHI team stationed in Utah County.  Yeah, I gotta get in on this, or at least one of those snazzy patches.

No comments:

Post a Comment