Monday, August 6, 2012

One ping and one ping only

I had a very interesting experience today.  Okay, not really interesting, but I was given another one of those 'life lesson' moments, because I never seem to learn the first time, the fiftieth time, or the hundredth time.  What happened, you ask?  I took a rather attractive looking-acquaintance out in order to get to know her a bit better.

What was my lesson?  Well, the same one that never seems to sink into my thick skull: never judge a book by it's cover.  Jeez!  Okay, I shouldn't make this sound overly dramatic, but boy was I a moron.  I met this girl, she seemed really shy and/or reserved at first, only to find out later that once I have one moment alone with the woman, she ends up being this manipulative, mean spirited, drama-hungry, booze-hounding, completely irresponsible trollop!

Alright, I also really need to work on being less judgmental, but the point being here, is that this was a serious shocker, considering all the other interactions I had with her were of a VERY different tone than the one I saw now.  Holy hellacious hussy batman!

So, my horrible judgmental self aside, she is still a pretty fun person, and I can see having a friend like her being really good for my humor (or at least supplying good stories).  The notion of taking her on another proper date, though?   A snowball's chance in hell.  Maybe this is God's way of telling me I need to date women that look more like Susan Boyle (also totally worth it if they can sing like that).

No comments:

Post a Comment