Monday, January 21, 2013

Airing more dirty laundry for no reason at all

Hooray for more random topics!  This week it's emotional responses to musical stimuli.  I guess there are other actually real things I can write about, but this is the only one I could muster up without being lazy about it.

I dunno how it is for other people, but for me there are certain songs I just can't listen to very often because they make me cry.  Which is also frustrating in that I usually like those songs, but for whatever reason they'll turn me into a blubbering moron.  So, without further adieu, here's a list of the top ten songs (in no real order) that are guaranteed to make me cry every single time I hear them.

I Thought I Saw Your Face Today by She and Him
I Heard the Bells On Christmas Day - any version
Madama Butterfly - the one by Maria Callas
Eternity by Dreams Come True - I think this song sucks, but it still does it to me.
Like A Friend by Pulp
Careless Whisper - Seether version
Billie Jean  by Michael Jackson - Stupid freaking memories totally ruined that one.
My One and Only Thrill by Melody Gardot
Late Goodbye by Poets of The Fall
My Funny Valentine - the one by Ella Fitzgerald

Huh.  I'm actually kinda surprised there's nothing by Edith Piaf on there.

No comments:

Post a Comment