Wednesday, January 23, 2013

I finally met the Shat

It's no secret that I'm a bit lazy at this blogging thing.  Particularly when I'm actually out and about and doing things other than sitting at home browsing the interwebs.  So far my week has been nothing but theaters  productions, and concerts.


Yesterday, I went on down to Kingsbury Hall last night to see Bill Shatner on tour.  It was a whole lot of fun, and very entertaining to hear the infamous Shat tell some random stories and experiences about his life and career.  What can I say about the guy?  He's obviously a bit self centered, but also a great entertainer, and much more down to earth and comfortable with himself than he used to be, which accumulates to a pretty fun experience overall.


I also had a chance to catch a free concert of the All-State Band and Orchestra over at Abravanel Hall on the 19th, which was another really cool little event.  I ended up meeting a nice young woman who invited me to accompany her to the event, as her brother was playing in the band.  I really enjoyed the production, and they played some very beautiful and unique pieces.  All in all, it was a pretty awesome way to spend an afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment