Thursday, February 7, 2013

awash in a sea of books

Oh, no.  It has finally happened.  What with all the political hang wringing and the fallout of impulse buying as of late, guns and ammo have practically tripled in price, and availability is at an all time low.  It comes at a rather frustrating time, since I still have two relatively new 9mm pistols, but I find myself completely out of any suitable practice ammo.  I still have 150 rounds of TUL ammo around, but it's not the premium with techron that my Jericho demands (well, I could shoot it, but I'll have a failure to eject every few rounds).

However, it appears that I do have a little more money floating around, just not enough to satisfy one of my loves, so now I've decided to start blowing it all on that other mistress of mine: books.  Just bought two of the nerdiest books I could possibly find last week; I've already finished one, and am now working on the other.
Yep, believe it or not, the Iranians have schooled us in Tomcat usage.
No, I haven't been watching The Final Countdown or Speed and Angels again....not at all.
After finishing the first book, I quickly started a wish list on Amazon.com for all the other books I'm really itching for.  I'll go ahead and admit right now that a vast majority of them were mentioned by Tam.  It seems she has almost the exact same taste in books that I do, since all the books she's mentioned that don't make it to my wish list are ones that I've either read or already own, so she is my Oprah, it seems.

No comments:

Post a Comment