Thursday, February 14, 2013

Take cover!

While everyone else take evasive action and runs for cover while screaming "Incoming!" to avoid cupid's merciless barrage of arrows this year, I'll be sitting in a lounge chair out in the open while asking "What incoming rounds? Where?" since it appears his arrows are magnetically repelled from me anyways.  Perhaps I should follow in Brigid's example and simply return fire.


Counter-battery this, you clothes-weary, winged love-sniper!

Update: So, I wrote the above post earlier in the morning, thinking today would be the annual day of bitter, suppressed anger for me as it usually is, but it seems fate had a different idea for me today.

Fist off, I was practically hand-fed a bunch of fruit all day, like a was effing hedonism bot or something.  Grapes, oranges, apples, but the crown jewel of 'em was the chocolate-covered strawberry I got from one of our VP's.
I should have put something next to it, to give you an impression of the sheer size of this thing.  
How I felt afterwards
Top that off with being able to crack a higher than average ratio of good jokes than usual (which made everyone laugh), it was a pretty good day.  Then, after work, I got to wish my wonderful Grandmother a happy 83rd birthday today.  That's 83 years of us being privileged enough to know her.  What a cool Valentines Day.

Oh, and if you're still feeling forever alone, go read another awesome post by Jennifer, who knocks it outta the park as usual.  I swear, she's another one who's like Tam, she is my Oprah.

No comments:

Post a Comment