Thursday, March 7, 2013

do or do not, there is no try

When quoting that to someone yesterday, they said they disagreed it, because it isn't factually accurate.  I asked how so, and they responded by saying, "Well, it doesn't make sense, because you can try to move a boulder all you want, but it most likely won't move, but you still tried."
then I responded with, "Okay, that just means you didn't move it.  The end result is always whether something happened or not, so simply trying doesn't matter."


On a completely random note, I'm trying hard to see if I can utilize the terms "fop" and "dandy" more often in my day to day speech.  I think it would be particularly fun to use it to describe someone who annoys me while said person is in my presence. 

1 comment:

  1. Besides Fop and Dandy there are A LOT of words we should be getting more use out of.

    Love your long range paper punch btw....

    ReplyDelete