Friday, March 22, 2013

Maybe I'm just retarded

Reason I am single #207:

So, I'm constantly complaining about being single, but at the same time I'm constantly screwing over my chances at changing that.  For example, not too long ago, a very (okay, let's say extremely) beautiful woman I know was with me and she conspicuously let slip the the infamous phrase, "So, I broke up with my boyfriend."
But, for some odd reason, the best thing I could think of to say at the time was, "Sorry to hear that."
Now, not only is she beautiful, but she's intuitive enough to know that it probably wasn't a very well thought out answer on my part and decided to follow up with, "Oh no biggie, he was a jerk, so I'm over it.  But, I don't have any plans this weekend..."
At this point, some semblance of logic began to rise in my brain, and I realized what was being said.  Yet, all I could bring myself to say was, "That's nice."
So, that conversation quickly crashed and burned.

Sometime later, upon reflection, I wondered why I acted like such a moron, because I realized that it would have been a really awesome idea, and such an opportunity with her will not be coming my way again.

Yup, this one is dying alone.

2 comments:

  1. Call her. She was hinting very strongly. Tell her you were a buffoon and ask her out. She'll appreciate the honesty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the layers of cognitive oversight on that one ended up taking so long that she's already seeing someone else.

      If I happen upon something like this again (hopefully), I'll wise up before the statute of limitations has passed.

      Delete