Wednesday, March 13, 2013

needs and wants

Everyone in the office has been going crazy recently over the latest fad from last year.  All day, everyone's been debating among themselves about those SOG "tacti-cool" tomahawks and what bloody model they all want to get.
Personally, I find it kind of silly.
As for me, I dunno what it is, but for some time now I've been consumed with the desire to find a really nice, sturdy, and (above all else) usable butterfly knife.  Yeah, it's about as useful as that stupid tomahawk, but I just want one, okay?

Of course, you can just get those cheap Phillipino or Chinese specials you find at the gun show, but I'm looking for one that can actually function as an actual, well, knife.
Like this Benchmade model.  Nice, but still nearly $200!
After doing a good amount of searching, it's slowly becoming more and more apparent that I'm not gonna find one that's worth it's salt for under $170.  I'm beginning to think that the world has failed me; any other type of knife, and you can find some pretty serious quality for $50-$100, but it's now the 21st century and nobody is making a halfway good balisong for less than what it costs to buy a gun?  I smell an opportunity.


No comments:

Post a Comment