Friday, March 15, 2013

unnecessary research


A while back I actually went through the trouble of downloading a pdf of the NATOPS F-14D flight manual just because I thought it was kinda cool.
Good kill on a Foxhound in a right hand turn.
As it turns out, I've actually ended up reading a good portion of it now.  I started to read it just so I can get better at landing the F-14B in Strike fighters 2; now, I'm pouring over every page so I can be as knowledgeable as possible on the flight envelope of the plane.  Heck, even reading about aircraft taxiing procedures are starting to become invaluable.  Of particular interest to me would be finding out more about ECM procedures, because I have been shot down way too many times by those dang R-77s.
The hated enemy: Vympel R-77
In other news, I forgot to mention last week that my friend had one of those horrible moments in which a capacitor on his big-screen popped, totaling the TV.  I asked what happened, and he said he heard the popping noise that ended it's effective service life, right when an episode of spongebob came on.  I told him, "Huh.  Must have been one of the later episodes."

No comments:

Post a Comment