Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Ha! Last laugh!

For me, it's the pointless things in life.


Now that enough time has passed to have most of the bugs patched out of it, I recently bought Strike Fighters 2 North Atlantic.  Mostly just because I've really been dying to try a carrier landing in the game.  Since I had plenty of practice landing at airfields, the basics were plenty easy, but the game certainly captures the nerve wracking aspects of the approach: nothing but water as far as the eye can see, hand constantly on the throttle to make adjustments, or pour on the power in case of a bolter, the carrier barely visible until you're right on top of it, all while approaching at ridiculous speeds.  Quite the situation, but I still managed to land a nice number two wire right on my first try!  Cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment