Monday, April 29, 2013

I'm like a disease

Being next to the only water cooler on this side of the building, I get a lot of people stopping by.  Being the cynical, pessimistic person I am, I hate people; this makes visits a bit more awkward.  Today, in particular, I had a visit from a woman who works in the department next door.  She is one of those stereotypically attractive, intelligent, charming and upbeat, young women who is a good amount of fun to talk to, because I counter balance those attributes pretty well.  I particularly love giving her a hard time, as she was under the delusion that I would be especially susceptible to her charm, that I may more easily assist her in circumventing the system.  So naturally, I have to make life more difficult for her.  

Today she came by the water cooler, and didn't even give me the usual courtesy greeting, which was rather surprising.  I asked what was up and she replied, "Oh nothing.  I'm just fed up with people."   
"Wait, what? You?" I asked
"Well, I think I just hate people now.  Every time I have people calling me asking why I don't do things with them anymore, and I just have to tell them it's because I don't like them anymore.  I'd rather just sit at home than be with people." 
To which I said, "Oh my gosh!  When did you become like me?  Now we can share everything!  We should really hang out more."

Yup.  People skills.  I have 'em.

No comments:

Post a Comment