Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Window shopping

So, because I can't afford to even buy one gun a year, I consider myself to be one of the relatively poor people.  There are far too many somewhat affordable, high quality rifles that are just out of my reach.  I suppose if I wanted to own an AR, I could slowly build one, but I've never been inclined to own one, nor am I that patient.  So, the only thing I can do in this economy which prevents me from even making a casual purchase of ammo, is to sit and drool over everything I feel is mandatory for me to own at some point in the near future.

So, I figure I would compile a list of all the guns, that given a few less expenditures (or heaven forbid, a raise), that are just out of reach for the time being, and why I'd really want one.  I may have mentioned most of these ones individually on here before, but here's the definitive list of semi affordable options:

The PTR 32 - Okay, so this one isn't really that cheap at all, but I've always wanted an HK that doesn't think I suck or hate me. That, and ammo prices are almost always somewhat reasonable with 7.62x39mm.

Ruger Mk II - Everyone should own a semi-auto .22, and it's near inexcusable that I don't.  Yeah, I know there is a MkIII, but the 2 still seems to be the one I want.

Sumoi M31/KP31 - the semi-auto replicas of these suckers are just way too cool to pass up.  That, and I can pretend I'm a fat Max Manus if I had one.

any lever action carbine in .357 mag - have you seen the velocities from that round out of a 16 in barrel?  It's pretty darned impressive.

Mosin Nagant - Yeah, the cheapest, most powerful gun you can possibly own for under $100, and I still don't have one.  Pretty sad when I'm even more destitute than the communists.

an AK-74 type rifle - Couple cheap ammo prices, similar velocity and trajectory to 5.56, incredibly high ballistic coefficient, along with minor armor piercing qualities, and it makes a 5.45mm rifle a must.   Though, it is hard to find a high quality 5.45 rifle that isn't an AR, while still being affordable; since the largest purveyor of 5.45 AK knockoffs in America are the drunken retarded monkeys (a.k.a. century arms).   Dang, I miss my old AK.

Winchester 1897 - Let's face it, few shotguns are cooler than the original pump action.

Uberti 1858 New Army Conversion - I blame the spaghetti westerns for the initial interest, but the ammo shortage has proven that no matter how scarce ammo is, everyone always seems to have a just a little bit of .45 Long Colt laying around.

Smith & Wesson M1917 - Because it's God's own caliber in a revolver, and was used by Indiana Jones.

CZ-52  I am very intrigued by the capabilities of the round it fires, and it totally looks like it's straight out of a 1930's science fiction comic.

No comments:

Post a Comment