Thursday, May 23, 2013

Anticipation

So, I've been wanting to read MHI for a long time, and I finally got my grubby little hands on a copy the other day, and now that I've had time to start reading it, I am completely hooked.  It's been a very long time since I've read a fictional book that causes me to yearn for any kind of break I can get, just so I can keep reading it a bit more.  Man, I gotta see if I can get in cahoots with whoever is running the Utah County office of MHI and get myself a job!
Yuuuup.  Totally need to find out where these guys are.
Which, obviously brings me back around to my own measly writing endeavor.  I remember bringing it up on here a while ago, but I barely touched the thing since.  I have a fairly good idea of what I'd like to write, but the problem, is that I don't' particularly like the way that portion of the story is going.  Writing the climax so that it achieves the already written ending, has just been torture.  I am very unwilling to give up the ending (as that's how I started writing it, was coming up with the ending first), but that makes every variant of the climax that I've been able to come up with feels unoriginal, unexciting, and just plain dull to me, which is driving me crazy.  So, instead of something simple this has ended up becoming a 5 month long project just for a dang short story.

In other, more eventful news, it's only a short amount of time until my family will be able to come by for a whole week of debauchery and fun, and I'm looking forward to it.  Hopefully, with any luck, I'll actually remember to consistently take my camera with me and get a few interesting shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment