Friday, May 3, 2013

Just to get you and me through the day

I love my job.  More specifically, I love the IT portion of my job.  However, another good portion of my time it moonlighting as an administrative assistant, which can get tiresome rather quickly.  So, I have to find ways that I can have my fun.  Like the following email string between me and our programming manager regarding the most simple of tasks:

From: StGrendel 
Sent: Wednesday, May 01, 2013 10:52 AM
To: Boss Dude
Subject: You have been chosen

There comes a time in every man’s life that forces them to dig deep and find the true extent of their courage, bravery, resolve, determination, conviction, and dare I say, heroism.  You have events transpiring this month which may test your limits, and you may find yourself going above and beyond the call of duty. 

I hereby affirm that there are two assignments that have been issued to you, that you may find to be more than challenging.  First and foremost, is that there is a mission to commence revelry for the anniversary of your deployment into the mortal realm, and it falls upon you select a location to assault with said revelry, and plunder it’s edible components.  This will have an invigorating effect upon morale of the unit as a whole, and individually.

Secondly, and less glamorously (but no less important!), is the monthly duties of the fridge and microwave cleaning.  This mission is especially crucial to the operation of the company as a whole, and you have been trusted to ensure the destruction of any unauthorized mess associated with these areas of operation, so that others may live.

I cannot stress enough the importance of completing these objective in a timely manner.  Upon completion of these objectives, may you feel the accomplishment of making a difference and being an exceptional part of this great brotherhood, with the possibility of getting a freaking medal.  Thank you.
_______

From: Boss Dude
Sent: Wednesday, May 01, 2013 10:55
To: StGrendel
Subject: RE: You have been chosen

What the hell?

No comments:

Post a Comment