Wednesday, May 15, 2013

More conversations at work

Getting in trouble one conversation at a time.  A coworker of mine in sales, pointed out that they have a fresh overabundance of food they need help in liquidating that is up for grabs in the popularly-dubbed "foodicle."  He insisted I try some, and so I asked what kind of food they have.  He then offered what I thought was the weirdest description of the food possible by saying, "Well, it's girl food."
"What?  What the heck is that?!"
He replied, "You know, girl food."
"No, no I don't know.  I have no idea where to start with that.  What does that even mean?!"
"Like salads and stuff.  It was from a baby shower."
After straightening up, I reply, "Well, I still don't see how that makes sense, as I don't think salads are restricted to a particular gender, and I doubt there are any vegetables that are assigned as a particular sex, otherwise I would be dating one.  Unless, you're trying to say it was made for girls, and even then, I doubt that can apply to anything other than some kind of specialty cake with some ripped shirtless man on it, or something like that, and even that's still more a question with orientation."

There was too much laughter around the office to really continue my argument.

ZOHMFGWTFBBQ!  I totally forgot to mention that I'm going to see the new Star Trek movie tonight!  I'll be sure to share my thoughts on it afterwards.  Woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment