Thursday, May 9, 2013

unrequited idiocy

Barring fictional characters, I cannot think off the top of my head, more than a couple people that are worse at interacting with women than I.

In fact, I think I can sum it up by comparing it to a scene in Generation Kill, where an officer call in an artillery barrage at night to destroy a suspected armored column that was never even there.  They radio in that info to HQ the next morning, and one of the officers states, "Well, 11,000 pounds of ordnance and we didn't kill a single piece of armor, but we didn't blow up any villages either.  I guess that kinda goes in the 'win' column, doesn't it?"  Sometimes I feel this is an adequate metaphor for my life.

Long story short, I can't help but be very enamored with an amazing woman I know, that will never feel the same way.  Such is life, but I can't help but get this overwhelming feeling like this is the way it's always gonna be.

On a less depressing note, if you find yourself with too much free time, give Poker Night 2 a shot.  The game is nothing but you and a few NPCs playing poker.  Since I actually loathe the game of poker this is kind of a big deal.  The real meat of this game is that you playing against some of the coolest characters of all time, with some of the best dialogue ever.  just imagine sitting at the table with Brock Sampson, CL4P-TP, Ash Williams, along with Sam and Max, all while GLaDOS is the dealer.  Yeah, it's good.  Instead of gambling money, winning games will unlock new content for completely different games, such as Team Fortress 2, and Borderlands 2.  Neat!


No comments:

Post a Comment