Wednesday, October 23, 2013

and I work in IT

It's funny how disconnected I am with society at large.  I really don't enjoy being connected with people at the push of a button sometimes.  Not that I don't enjoy keeping in touch with people, I just hate the constant interruptions.  There comes a point with all this modern technology, where you start to feel like social interaction trumps everything else in life, including the quiet moments of solitude where you're trying to get some serious reading done.  This especially goes for my cell phone.

I would really like to ditch that thing sometimes and just grab myself an old candlestick-style rotary phone and an answering machine. There's just something comforting about the old clack of a rotary dial; that and it would just be effing cool.

Unfortunately, the only thing they got these days are a bunch of stupid candlestick-style phones that simply look like the old rotaries with out the actual rotor dial.  This is nonsense.  It's the 21st century and your telling me no one has figured out how to make a rotor dial interface work on modern phone lines?  Blasphemy, I say!  Maybe I just haven't been exercising my google-fu enough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment