Friday, December 13, 2013

I miss you, Moffett

Let me start off by saying this: I love the sound of jet fuel being turned into noise, I mean I LOVE it.  Having lived in viewing distance of Moffett Field back in the days when it was still NAS Moffett, I adored the fantastic display of power and wonder that were continually delivered by every military aircraft that came in low streaking over the ground after taking off from that runway.

Many a fond memory I have of going to the airshows held at that field. I remember seeing all sorts of aircraft like S-3s, A-6s, A-7s, P-3s, F-14s, F-18s, and I even saw a Russian MiG-29 perform a display there.  All sorts of cool stuff that makes me squee like a little girl to this day.

So I was especially excited when I found a couple of youtube videos that show an areal display from the cockpit of an F-14 at the very same field itself.  Sad that the old hangar is without a coating anymore.  But, anyways, go give these videos a watch for a really cool perspective of an airshow display.

Navy F-14 Airshow HUD Part 1 of 2

Navy F-14 Airshow HUD Part 2 of 2


Oh, and if you've lived in the vicinity of a military airfield, and are one of those morons that have called in to complain about the noise, even once, I hate you.  I really, truly do, and I hope a thousand low altitude formation flights interrupt every night that you try to sleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment