Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Avast, ye shoppers! Arrrggghhh!

Went to this tiny little specialty and gourmet market today.  The place is called Pirate O's , and they have all sorts of insanely fine and rare stuff there.  You know the store is a winner when they have a BMW Isetta sitting on display in the front, and have a pirate theme on the inside.  The only possible way I could see it getting better is if they also sold machetes and blunderbusses.

This place had everything.  A plethora of fresh organic cheeses?  Naturally.  Strawberry-rhubarb preserves?  They got it.  Beeman's?  Of course.  A giant cadbury creme egg the size of a football?  You betcha!  A gazillion different varieties of specialty sodas?  Unfortunately for me, yes, they have that too.

Yeah, I spent nearly $30 on more than two dozen different types of sodas I had never tried, or even seen before.  Sheesh, good thing I don't drink alcohol, eh?  As I came home, I was fearing what my roommate would say about me hauling a cardboard box chock full of sodas with me, but thankfully he was busy with other things and didn't see me.  No risk of triggering an intervention that way.  

Update: I just found out that it's a rule that all employees of Pirate O's MUST observe "talk like a pirate day!"

No comments:

Post a Comment