Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Can we get Clint Eastwood to steal one?

Because, we could use a closer look at one of these.  Promise we'll give it back....if we feel like it.
Actual pic of the wreck
Being the aviation enthusiast I am, I've been rabidly following the news on Defense Tech regarding the helicopter that crashed in Pakistan during the Bin Laden raid.  When photos of the wreck surfaced, I could tell it wasn't any H-60 variant I knew.  But as time wears on, It's blatantly obvious to just about everyone by now, that the info saying it was an MH-60B, or a similar variant, is nearly a complete crock 'o crap.
An MH-60B Tail section for comparison.
The photographic proof is all over the place, and Defense Tech is willing to stake their reputations on it being a completely new aircraft.  So, now I'm desperately searching for any tidbit of info on the thing before it becomes public.  I's bound to happen eventually, but it's like waiting for a ticking time bomb, except hoping for it to count down sooner rather than later.  More pics of the wreck below the fold.

Update: Supposedly, the official story is that it's a previously unseen low-observable variant of the H-60 family. interesting.
Wreck pic #1

And another H-60 pic to make my point.

One of these things does not go together...

No comments:

Post a Comment