Thursday, June 2, 2011

If I knew you were coming, I'd...

mmmmmm......cake.  It's true.  The quickest way to a man's heart is through his stomach.  You just have to remember to thrust the knife up after getting it in there.  Long story short, I get to be canary for a would be baker.  So if I die, let it be known that I died getting fatter in the best way possible.

In other news, I was watching the video that's up on The Firearm Blog about SiG's 'ol SG550 series rifles.  I've had more than a few opportunities to get some fun time with the 551 model, and can say that I absolutely LOVE those things.  It just saddens and pains my heart to know that the pointless importation laws we have, prevent more of these things from being available.  Instead, we have to deal with that cheap american wannabe (the 556) that negates all the advantages of the system.  Like having to use worthless AR-15 mags instead of those nifty clip-together polymer ones, or the complete lack of diopter sights in favor of those crappy flip-up aperture things, or worst of all, that it has that flimsy M4 style stock.
The SG551.  Soooo beautiful...
Ok now, who came up with this crap?
Maybe I'm more than a little harsh, because I do think the 556 is a good gun, it's just that I think it's nearly worthless compared to it's own heritage.  I can only hope those ridiculous importation laws will go the way of the Dodo, and that nobody supporting that crap, will be running in the next election.

Update:  Crap. While writing this, I just heard from JayG, that Romney has announced his intention to run for the office.  Just great.

No comments:

Post a Comment