Friday, June 3, 2011

Well that's exiting

So, Fridays have already established themselves as a slow day at my work, and sometimes I struggle to figure out things I can do, but fate decided to throw me a hand grenade today instead.

See, my cubicle is situated in such a manner that I can look down the hallway that leads to the bathrooms.  This doesn't really bother me most of the time, but today is a bit different.  I noticed some unusual movement out of the corner of my eye, and glanced up from my monitor to see what it was.  Next thing I know, I'm staring down the barrel of a torrent of water gushing out from the bottom of the women's restroom, like it's some kind of slightly less gory reenactment of 'The Shining'.
Holy frakking redrum, Batman!
Being the new guy, everyone thought I was joking around when I called for help.  Not more than a few minutes later, we have the entire IT department shut down, while all of Maintenance is there scrambling to contain the "toilet explosion."  So, our entire department ends up having to relocate or strait up shut down for the day.  Yeah, I was hoping for some excitement, NOT excrement!  Seems fate loves to screw with me entirely way too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment