Saturday, October 20, 2012

Reason why I am single #10,191

Coincidentally, the number of this reason is also the year of the reign of Emperor Shaddam Corrino IV (the fact that I know this off the top of my head, is yet another reason why I'm single)

Anyways, I was conversing with a young woman I know, and she happened to mention that at one point she was involved in beauty pageants.  

Me:  Ah, you seemed a bit too accomplished at the "the royalty wave" for me to believe you weren't in any beauty pageants.
Woman:  No, I wasn't ever in any beauty pageants, I just ran a couple of them.
Me:  Well that's not any better!  That's like saying, "well, I wasn't in a concentration camp, I ran one."

Then the conversation ended with:

Woman:  Well, it was all a long time ago, so it doesn't really count at all.
Me:  Oh come on! Listen to yourself. That's like an old SS officer saying, "well, it was all long time ago, so it doesn't count."

Yup.  For all the ranting and raving I've done on this blog about equality and sexism, I'm still a pretty big jerk at times.  As for beauty pageants, I've never really been fond of them at all, but I'm not against them either, I just can't care about them either way.  I guess I'm just one of those weirdos that doesn't see vanity as a valid reason to do anything.  But then again, if you're throwing scholarships out like they're candy, well I guess I can get on board with that part.

No comments:

Post a Comment