Monday, November 12, 2012

What did I miss?

My work is trying to kill me, all while trying to keep us all "healthy".  I just heard that HR was trying to discourage people from having candy jars on their desk (which everyone does).  My boss describing them as "fat pills".   Anyways, I thought it was an ridiculously extreme measure for a dubious purpose (reducing health care costs), because I don't think that's the problem.  The company often buys stuff for their departments that is just blatantly unhealthy.  Even today, sales was trying to get rid of caramel brownies, peanut butter brownies, chocolate strawberry cake, chips, and sandwiches that were all provided to them by the company.  Then there's purchasing, that is sharing oreo cheesecake from the cheesecake factory.  So shame on you HR.  You're the ones to blame for us having nothing but crap to stuff in our pie holes.

And to just give you a bit of stupid humor, here's a conversation I was having with a friend a while ago. My opinion highlighted in pink, because I can.

Her:  I like funny movies or movies with Jason Statham in them.
Me:  Wow. Didn't know about that Jason Statham thing.  That's just shocking. (I'm obviously not a fan)
Her:  Yeah, I wish I had a cardboard cutout of him.
Me:  I dunno if cardboard can withstand that kind of punishment...

No comments:

Post a Comment