Sunday, March 24, 2013

Rest stop

I have this good friend of mine that I have been acquainted with since high school, and for the sake of a false sense on anonymity, let's call him Ginger Jew-beard, or GJ for short (and yes, he's Jewish).  Now, we've had this unofficial tradition that just about every time we see each other, we have to go to some new restaurant or cafe that we've never been to before.

So on Saturday I went to see GJ and naturally, we went to another new cafe that he'd read about earlier and had been wanted to sample.  Once we'd arrived at the establishment and got ourselves a seat, I couldn't help but notice the composition of the clientele was predominantly a single type; which I had to bring up with him.
"Every.  Single.  Time.  How is it that you always seem to find places to eat that are chock full of nothing but lesbians?"
"I don't know, but my mom asked me the exact same question when I took her to lunch last week."
"Yeah, I'm beginning to wonder you have something shady afoot going on here."

After getting all the laughs out, I was left with a bit of frustration because I already ate earlier, and the menu was sounding quite divine   Being the fat guy that I am, it wasn't long before I totally caved in and insisted on at least trying out a pastry.  I ordered what I thought was a lemon bar, which actually turned out to be a tangerine bar.  Verdict?  Most impressive.  Go check 'em out.


No comments:

Post a Comment