Wednesday, July 17, 2013

The news you could have lived without

Since all I'm doing is studying day in and day out, I'm not exactly a fount of excitement.  however, I do come across a lot of cool things on the internet, which have peaked my attention.  First off is the Kickstarter for a graphic novel being written by Max Uriarte, creator of the Terminal Lance comics.  I've already had to donate to the project, and I highly encourage you to take a look as well.

On a related note, Kickstarter is starting to become a massive time sink hole for me when I'm not studying.  There are way too many cool projects on there that are worth time and money, and the many that aren't, are (usually) at least worth a laugh.

Also, I found via Say Uncle, a really cool article and accompanying video about a young German engineering student who built her own tracking turret nerf gun with built in IFF.  It already feel like I've just read about the inventor of an early portal turret, or TF2 turret.  I think I'm in love.


No comments:

Post a Comment