Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Regular Rob roundup

It's been pretty uneventful around my neck of the woods for a while, but there have been a couple things of note I probably get away with posting.  back on Saturday I made a fellow movie buff watch David Lynch version of Dune for the first time, which was fun as always.  Every time I watch that movie, I desperately wish I could riff that one alongside the MST3K guys, as that movie is rich with excellently laughable moments.
He who controls the spice....ah, whatever.
Today I also got one of my friends a flask, because he got a new mini-personal-a/c unit that he has to constantly keep hydrated.  Every time I look over and see him, he's pulling out this little purell bottle to refill his little a/c unit, and I told him he should just upgrade to a full flask.  So now he can bust it out in the middle of a long meeting and shout "Eigh nheed uh drink!"

Last but not least, I got into a fun discussion with my new roommate about the whole debacle in Syria, and we both agreed it was a dumb move, and after years of armchair quarterbacking the US foreign policy in the middle east, I've finally hopped on board with the "nuke 'em all" crowd, as I'm just too fed up with this crap.
Feel free to read The Boresight's assessment of this mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment