Saturday, January 22, 2011

The tools and the talent

I don't consider my self to be much of a pistol marksman, but I seem to do much better than some people I know who actually own pistols.  How does that happen?  I suppose the fact that I would try to practice regularly when I actually owned a pistol myself, could have something to do with it.  Of all my friends, I'm pretty sure I was the only one to actually do this.  Sometimes I wonder if shooting guns is just a social thing for them.  Which also makes me wonder, what possesses someone to go through the trouble of buying a firearm, when they have no motivation or intention to actually practice with it? 

Back when I had more money, this was something I did at very regular intervals.  Every week to two weeks, I would just buy two or three boxes of ammo and just go.  No need to make it a social occasion, I honestly wanted to be a better shot.  I often wondered how much I was really accomplishing, considering I have had no formal training and was somewhat new to pistol shooting in general.  But, apparently it pays off, because I am now known as the best pistol shot amongst most I know.

Long story short, I guess I'm just trying to say that it don't take a whole lot of effort to become an acceptable  shot, but it seems a lot of people aren't even willing to put forth the minimal effort needed to become mildly proficient in the use of their own weapons.  That just boggles the mind.

Anyways, looks like I might get in to a heated firefight with a few friends later, so wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. with time, comes skill. The more you use something as a gun the better u will become with it. If your friends get upset let them, because u will know that you have put forth the time and money to be a better shot, and if they stop being your friend becue of it,thin they where not good friends to be with!

    ReplyDelete