Friday, February 4, 2011

Social Experiments

A coworker saw me outside of work today and called out to me.  It's pretty unusual for someone to know my name, and I nearly hit the deck out of sheer reflex.  Needless to say, she was pretty amused by my reaction.

See, not too many people know my name; I prefer that to be privileged information.  Not even most of the people at my church know my name, and I'm always around those people.  The only reason my coworkers know it, is because it's a little hard to hide from those guys.

I think this stems from the fact that I like to conduct my own little social experiments, but so much so that it becomes a habit.  For example, I was at a party not too long ago in which I didn't know many of the people there.  I thought it would be fun to meet people and get enthusiastically into as many of their conversations as possible, but without revealing my name.  There was one girl in particular that was chatting me up, and kept asking me intermittently through our conversation what my name was, but I managed to avoid or simply change the subject.  I enjoyed the fact that it bugged her whenever she had to say, "guy with the hat!," or "yo jacket dude!," or "hey you!"  Yeah, that's my kind of humor.

Anyways getting back to my day today, I thought I was having a pretty crappy one, until I saw a sight that is pretty rare at the airport.  It wasn't in a flyable condition, but I still hadn't seen one in person before, so I was still exited to see it.  Double extra super secret mega ultra bonus points to anyone who knows what it's name is without looking it up:

No comments:

Post a Comment