Sunday, August 28, 2011

Guns. My only friend.

Due to the variety of recent events, I really have nothing to say for the day.  The only thing that I can really think of to blab about, would be what I've been researching all day.

After careful consideration, I realize I would really like to build an AR15.  Not your standard direct impingement piece of junk, but a piston operated 5.45 build.  This by itself wouldn't be much of a difficult task, but what I would like to do, is have an upper receiver with a non-reciprocating side charging handle, and with that MGI lower receiver that has an interchangeable mag well.  I'd love to be able to use AK-74 mags one day, then switch to AR mags the next.  It's just too cool a concept.  The only thing that worries me is making sure that the non-reciprocating charging handle and the piston conversion components are compatible.  So, back to researching more, to see if this can happen. 

Now, the real icing on the cake, would be to see if I could get a side folding stock to work with of all that. Now that would be seriously cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment