Monday, August 15, 2011

Oh crap.

I'm beginning to be a bit disappointed by my own tardiness with making posts on here.  Anyways, moving on, I ended up doing it again.  The second I got money, I spent a small amount on some sodas I had never previously seen, which just happened to be on sale.  However, this time would be a first, in that all the ones I bought tasted rather disgusting.  I hate it when that happens.  I don't want to waste my money, and there isn't anyone nearby that I can just peddle it to, so I am forced to drink it.

I ended up bringing a bottle or two to work, but couldn't get any of those pansies to even try the crap (cuz, who knows, maybe one of 'em would've liked it?), so the kibosh was put on that idea right quick.  So, I'm there with a perma-scowl on my face, drinking terrible soda, looking like Zefram Cochrane in this video, while hitting on the chicks from HR, just after having a sexual harassment training meeting, as my department's coworkers wither in pain from laughing, because they are the only ones who are getting the Star Trek references; which are working out more perfectly than I ever would have expected.
Just freaking gross.
 On an unrelated note, why is it that whenever I do something nice for someone, either my motives are called into question, or my actions are immediately distrusted and treated with suspicion?  This week has been an uncharacteristically more charitable one for me, and in every instance of my kindness, this has happened (or worse).  And I don't think it's just because I'm being more charitable, because the reactions are disproportionally more frequent than usual.  I realize I am dastardly evil, but that doesn't mean I am incapable of the occasional nice gesture.

No comments:

Post a Comment