Saturday, August 27, 2011

On walkabout

So, I finally went to the Browning firearms museum today.  The verdict?: disappointing, yet still cool.  It was really cool to see loads of priceless, one of a kind prototype guns;  but I was completely disappointed by the fact that there was hardly any information about the guns at all.  I mean, if you're gonna make any kind of museum with priceless historical items, you'd damn well better have not just it's name printed beside it, but have at least a summarized description of what it is, how it works, when it was made, and why.  To not do so is very nearly a waste of my (and everyone else's) time.

On the upside, I got to spread the joy that is attending the Hill Aerospace Museum for the first time with two kind souls.  I just love doing that.  Though I don't think everyone else liked me talking their ears off when we got to every single display.
F-101 Voodoo's are teh hawtness *drool*
Oh yeah, and I actually licked the P-38J display, so I officially own it now.  Mine.  No one else's.  So back off.

No comments:

Post a Comment