Monday, August 29, 2011

They see me trollin'

I can't help it.  I just love perpetuating pointless arguments.  It's way too fun.  Especially when the topic is as pointless as facebook.  While arguing with this person, another friend of mine was listening in and giving his opinion on the subject, then was asked to pick sides, but he immediately stated that he was "the Switzerland in the conversation".  To which, I immediately respond, "well if your the Swiss here, gimme Oerlikon please!"

He laughed so hard, he nearly fell off his chair, but nobody else got the joke.  I swear only those who are historically, economically, or politically savvy get my best jokes (to those that don't get it, the Swiss weren't entirely neutral, during WWII, but actually sold armaments to both sides during the war).  But enough about my workday.
Just one sampling of their many fine products.
I actually heard some pretty sad news today, though.  On Saturday, at the new range we like to frequent, there was an accident in which someone was shot in the head with a .45 caliber sidearm.  Now, from what I was told, it was a genuine accident, no horseplay involved, or dropped gun catching, just a weird incident involving an unsecured chair.  The poor boy that was shot, had to life flighted to the hospital directly from the range.  However, by luck or divine predestination, there was a doctor at the range that was able to begin treating him as soon as it happened.  So far, the news is that they boy is alive; hopefully to recover.  My prayers go out to all those affected.

No comments:

Post a Comment