Monday, August 8, 2011

When will they finally pay?

I'm the kind of guy that usally enjoys the bad guy in the movies a lot more than the good guy.  I just find it easier to empathize with them, and they more often than not, more complex and interesting characters.  But even without a solid or interesting bad guy, I do enjoy a lot of films with a non-happy ending.  Perhaps it is my morbid personality, or just my depressive mood swings, but one of these days, I just wanna see somebody make a good movie in which the the world is not saved, the girl dies, the likeable hero is paralyzied, and the hated bad guy reigns triumphant.  Like maybe a zombie movie, where only the jerk of the group survives, or a Bond-like spy flick in which the world actually ends because the hero is too late. 

Yeah, if I ever became a fimmaker, audiences would just hate me.  I would just love to make a movie in which the audience will enthusiastically root for the good guy, but then the baddie will prevail, without even a glimmer of hope at the end of the film.

Update:  Oh yeah, I forgot.  They did make that film.  It's called 'Law Abiding Citizen'.  Man, I hate that the bad guy won in that movie.  Worst ending ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment