Thursday, February 28, 2013

forbidden knowledge

Why is it that all the books I really yearn for are all the same?  As in, they are no longer in print and are rare enough that they cost (sometimes) hundreds of dollars.  I mean, yeah, I kind of have a very particular taste, and I have been accused of having a bit of an expensive one at that, but it's not like I'm trying to find something that costs an arm and a leg.

For example, I really wanted to get my hands on a comprehensive book on the F-14, and this is the one I've been eyeing for some time, but it costs nearly $180 for one in good condition.
Then, here's another one I'd like that is about the MiG-31, but that one runs at $220
The worst one by far though, is this book about the Su-27 family of fighters that I would reeeeaaaalllly like, but costs a whopping $800 for one that's not even in good condition.
Man, I really need to find more hobbies and interests that are cheaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment