Wednesday, May 22, 2013

HB 76

It saddens me so.  I have scratched the surface before on the subject of my feelings on the current double standard with gun ownership and concealed carry permits, and I was honestly hoping that this bill would go through to provide some much needed justice and fairness to the laws.  However, as much as I'd like to go on a rant about that double standard, this is about HB76.

We all know by now that the Utah Senate and the House both passed the measure, only for it to be vetoed later by the Governor.  The hope was that since the House and Senate passed the bill by such a large margin, that they would vote on it again to override the Governor's veto.  However, for some reason, the prospects for that happening appear to be grim at best.

My only consolation at this point, is that with such a strong gun community in this state, it's nearly assured that he's not going to be reelected any time soon.
Excellent idea Governor!  Why not piss off one of your largest constituencies!

No comments:

Post a Comment