Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Matters of the heart

So, a few days ago, a young woman at my work was stuck with a flat tire and I decided to lend a hand in getting it changed.  I didn’t think it was that big of a deal, but she’s insisting on doing something nice for me in return.  I told her I don’t want anything, but she keeps pestering me with the notion of getting me some kind of a gift card, or offering me various types of food.  I’m already getting fed up with it; to the point that I decided to launch a diabolical plan.  The conversation is (roughly) as follows:


Me: “I got it. Baskin Robbins. That’s what you can get me.”
Her: “Hey, that’s a good idea. Let’s get you a gift card for them”
Me: “No, no, no. I don’t want a gift card.”
Her: “What?”
Me: “No, our company is doing a blood-drive and they are giving away pints of BR ice cream for donating a pint of blood”
Her: “So, you want me to give you my coupon after donating blood? I don’t think I even meet the weight requirements to give blood.”
Me: “No problem, just eat like crazy to gain weight this week then, I’ll take your blood”
Her: “So, you want me to gain weight just so I can donate blood for you?”
Me: “Nah, you don’t even have to donate, I’ll just take the blood myself, then give it to the people doing the drive”
Her: “How is this fair? You change my tire, and now you want me to shed my blood for you, just so you can get ice cream?
Me: “Yuuuup!”

No comments:

Post a Comment