Tuesday, December 21, 2010

No respect....well, maybe sometimes.

It's really rare for me to find that someone has not only taken my advice, but had it work out for them extremely well.  Not that I'm in the habit of giving bad advice, just that no one ever seems to want to hear it to begin with.

Some time ago I had a friend approach me who had recently got the drive to make their first gun purchase.  This person wasn't a complete stranger to shooting, but was living in the People's Republik of Kalifornia for most of his life, so was still somewhat new to the excitement of gun ownership.  He had just gotten his CCW permit and was looking for a cheap, reliable, and of course, compact pistol for concealment.  After explaining his requirements and budget, I explained to him the firepower vs. size restraints, and then we discussed what calibres he liked.  In the end I recommended a couple of guns, but the primary of which was the Ruger SR9C.

Sometime later still, I was in the neighborhood and dropped by.  Come to find he had actually gotten that Ruger at the gun show that same weekend after our conversation.  He has been quite satisfied with his purchase and says he wants to let me give it a whirl in the near future.

Like I said, this don't happen too often, so it nearly brought a proud tear to my eye.  Not only had I helped someone choose a satisfactory first gun, but they actually thanked me for it too.  I just love it when a plan comes together.

No comments:

Post a Comment